This Confined Space Training course is for persons who will not be required to enter the confined space but who are in a management position and responsible for committing others to supervise or work inside the confined space. This course is also aimed at a persons responsible for the development of risk assessments, safe systems of work and rescue plans rather than a “local” supervisor.
- Continuous assessment
- Short multiple choice written assessment
- Practical assessment
Delegates are required to appraise site conditions and generate a document pack which can be used by a live entry team at some future point, all document packs are assessed and certification is only issued to successful participants.
Only on successful completion of the entire course and subject to the assessment criteria. Certification will be issued and valid for 3 years.
Upcoming Course Dates
Date: Thursday 18th May 2017 Price: £150 + VAT Location: Brighouse
Date: Thursday 20th July 2017 Price: £150 + VAT Location: Brighouse
Price includes lunch which will be provided as well as tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
- Legislation recognition & classification
- Confined space risk assessment
- Development of Safe systems of work
- Development of Emergency arrangements & rescue planning
- Lockout of hazardous energy
- Issuing Permit to work and associated controlling documents
- Confined space roles and responsibilities
- Gas detection (overview)
- Escape breathing apparatus (overview)
- Harness, tripod, davit, winch, block (overview)
- Ventilation (overview)
- Communication (overview)
- Management of a practical entry (assessed)
City & Guilds accredited courses available.