This confined space training course will train the operatives in risk assessment and how to plan and carry out a comprehensive search and rescue. This event requires a level 1 medical. It will instil all the knowledge required to deal with situations as they arise and how to document all details. It should be remembered that rescue plans are required for all entrance into confined spaces but that rescue teams may be required in any situation where the operatives detach from the winch line.
This qualification is for those persons who are part of a dedicated rescue team. The event will cover all aspects of planning, strategy, communications and emergency evacuation of a casualty. The event will be practical and theoretical with a staged emergency recovery leading to an assessment of abilities, with a structured report in line with the water authorities and emergency services.
- Safe use of oxygen therapy
- Use of Automatic external defibrillator
- Conducting emergency first aid
- Use of rescue equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Patient packaging – using spinal boards, neck braces, splints, dressing etc.
- Understand legislation regarding rescue provision
- Casualty search and extraction techniques
Upcoming Course Dates
Date: Monday 22nd – Wednesday 24th May 2017 Price: £450 + VAT Location: Brighouse
Date: Monday 26th – Wednesday 28th June 2017 Price: £450 + VAT Location: Brighouse
Date: Monday 24th – Wednesday 26th July 2017 Price: £450 + VAT Location: Brighouse
(Prices stated are for CSS UK LTD accredited courses. For City and Guilds Accreditation there is an additional £40 one off cost per person to cover the City and Guilds Registration and Certification charges.)
Price includes lunch which will be provided as well as tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- Search and rescue techniques
- The structure of a rescue team
- Oxygen administration
- Patient packaging
- Use of spinal boards and neck braces
- Roles and responsibilities of a rescue team
- Automatic external defibrillation
- Casualty extraction
- Communications during an emergency
- Practical exercises and assessments
City & Guilds accredited courses available.