Confined Space Training Overseer / Topman 6150-04
This confined space training course is intended for those who will supervise operatives entering and working in high risk confined spaces but that will not enter themselves. The course involves both theoretical and practical elements and includes an assessed practical element. This confined space training course also covers dealing with emergencies in confined spaces.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- Legislation recognition & classification
- Safe systems of work, risk assessments and permits to work
- Emergency arrangements & rescue planning
- Lockout procedures
- Confined space roles and responsibilities
- Equipment overview including; escapes sets, self-contained breathing apparatus, gas monitors, communication, tripods, davits, winches and retrieval blocks
- Assessment on the management of a practical entry
City & Guilds accredited courses available.
2 days or 4 days depending on experience
6150-02 (medium risk) for the two day course, or no pre-requisites if attending the four day course.