Confined Space Services understand that the safety of your employees is of paramount importance. Hiring one of our Technical Rescue Teams not only means that you are complying with the law, but also demonstrates that you take the safety of your staff seriously. Our rescue teams regularly practise technical rescue scenarios both in confined spaces, working at height and using rope access. Rest assured you’re in safe hands.
Our skilled Rescue Teams;
- Provide either confined space rescue teams, rope rescue teams or a combination of the two using multi-skilled team members’ dependant on your individual requirements
- Provide risk assessment, method statement, first aid risk assessment, safe system of work and rescue plan
- Inspect the work space immediately prior to any works commencing to establish that the risk assessment, method statement, safe system of work and rescue plan are valid and sufficient at the time of works commencing
- Provide all relevant personnel with a task specific safety briefing
- Check all equipment is suitable and in safe working order
- Provide fall restraint systems if required
- Offer rope retrieval systems if required
- Monitor and supervise all personnel entering and exiting the work space
- Monitor the atmosphere of the confined space and advise if additional precautions should be taken or if works should be re-evaluated
- Should the need for the rescue team to perform a rescue arise, the rescue plan will be executed and a safe rescue will be performed
A typical rescue team will consist of three team members. One team member will supervise, with the remaining two team members stood by ready to effect rescue should the need arise. However, in some circumstances a larger rescue team may be required.
All our rescue team members have the following qualifications:
- 6150-03 – Working in high risk confined spaces
- 6150-05 – Emergency rescue of casualties from confined spaces
- Patient Packaging
- Rope Technician with Rescue of a Suspended Casualty
- Emergency First Aid at Work/First Aid at Work
Some of the team members will also have the following qualifications:
- 6150-04 – Overseeing work in confined spaces
- Trauma Technician
- Oxygen Administration
- Safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D)
Confined Space Services rescue teams can also come to your workplace/site and perform rescue simulation training with your team, please get in touch for further information.
Our experienced rescue teams are fully equipped with all the entry and specialist rescue equipment required. Whatever level of rescue provision you need, CSS UK Ltd can provide it, with competitive rates and a high level of expertise and customer service. Please get in touch, our teams are always happy to help.