This confined space training course is about working in confined spaces which have non-standard entries and which, in consequence, makes rescue difficult. It is likely that a hazard will be present at some time during the entry.
Entry may involve complex entry procedures and there will be work-specific controls and rescue arrangements. It will entail the use of self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus, specialist detection equipment, and resuscitation equipment. It will require the presence of personnel who have designated responsibilities for dealing with emergencies. The entry classification is NC4.
This confined space training course will cover all of the 01 and 02 content, along with a more in depth risk assessment and the inclusion of wearing full breathing apparatus combined with basic emergency first aid. All of the attendants should be medically fit and have a level 2 medical although they will have to sign a self-certification to take the course. This allows entrance to all classifications (NC1, NC2, NC3 and NC4) and includes entrance wearing full breathing apparatus to carry out the task in hostile environments.
NC4 High Risk Confined Spaces
Non-standard entries involving complex operations which introduce additional risks and require specific control and rescue arrangements. These can come from mechanical hazards, physical complexity of system introduced hazards and enhanced specific intrinsic hazards. Note: All operatives must be trained in the use of full breathing apparatus.
- Prepare to work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit high risk confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour when working in high risk confined spaces
- Use general knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply appropriate industry specific knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
Price: £450 + VAT* Location: Brighouse, West Yorkshire
*Price includes lunch which will be provided as well as tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
(Prices stated are for CSS UK LTD accredited courses. For City and Guilds Accreditation there is an additional £40 one off cost per person to cover the City and Guilds Registration and Certification charges.)
We can hold confined space training courses nationwide. If you would like us to conduct a confined space training course at your site please use the form below to contact us for a price.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- Definition of a confined space & Water UK NC1-NC4 classifications & Low, Medium, High definitions
- Specified Risks
- Duties under the regulations, preventing the need for entry
- Risk Assessment and hazard identification
- Atmospheric hazards and gases
- Principles and use of gas detectors
- Safe systems of work & permits to work
- Roles, responsibilities and top man/overseer and entrant duties
- Inspection and use of escape sets and full working breathing apparatus
- Pre use checks, correct donning & adjustment of harness
- Inspection and applications of tripods, winches and fall arrest equipment
- Practical exercises and assessments
City & Guilds accredited courses available.