This course has been designed to satisfy the inspection requirements of several UK regulations (PUWER, LOLER and WAHR) and can be tailored for clients to meet their specific requirements. This course provides skills for inspecting PPE and for work at height equipment. After the course the candidates will be able to carry out thorough examinations of equipment and keep traceable records of this.
The Inspection of PPE – Competent Person course explains the similarities and differences between the regulations listed above and provides detailed information on criteria for inspecting individual equipment, record keeping, marking and traceability.
- Continuous assessment
- Short multiple choice written assessment
- Practical assessment
Only on successful completion of the entire course and subject to the assessment criteria. Certification will be issued and valid for 3 years.
- Characteristics of Fall Protection equipment for restraint, positioning and arrest
- Considerations for safe use
- Legislation and the need for inspection
- Compatibility of system components
- Storage, cleaning and maintenance
- Pre-use checking of equipment
- Understanding critical defects
- Methods of inspection for textile and metal items
- Methods of recording
- Carrying out inspections according to BS 8437 checklists Inspection, care and maintenance of equipment