This confined space training course is about entering and working in a low risk environment with adequate natural or mechanical ventilation. The access appears simple and unobstructed and there is no likely risk of flooding (for example; meter pits, valve chambers, stairwells). If the operative is only checking areas no deeper than 1200mm with easy access openings using a gas detector where standing up in an alarm situation would render them safe, they will need to take the 6150-01 course. This only allows for working in NC1 confined spaces.
NC1 Low Risk Confined Spaces
Shallow entry with adequate natural or mechanical ventilation, where access is simple and unobstructed and there is no likely risk of flooding. Good examples of this are meter pits, valve chambers, booster pumping stations and PRV chambers.
- Prepare to work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit low risk confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour when working in low risk confined spaces
- Use general knowledge for working in low risk confined spaces
- Apply appropriate industry specific knowledge for working in low risk confined spaces
We can hold confined space training courses nationwide. If you would like us to conduct a confined space training course at your site please use the form below to contact us for a price.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- Definition of a confined space, Water UK NC1-NC4 classifications and Low, Medium, High definitions
- Specified foreseeable risks
- Duties under the regulations, including preventing the need for entry
- Risk assessment and hazard identification
- Atmospheric hazards and gases
- Principles and use of gas detectors
- Safe systems of work and permits to work
- Roles, responsibilities and topman/overseer entrant duties
- Pre use checks, correct donning and adjustment of harness
- Inspection and applications of tripods, winches and fall arrest equipment;
- Practical exercises and assessments
City & Guilds accredited courses available.